Easy to move
Easy to move around a space, the AVANT comes with or without wheels. The wheeled AVANT can be moved by tilting and then rolling the barre into a desired location. Alternatively, the non-wheeled version is lighter so that users can pick up the barre to change its position. Whatever you choose, this portable freestanding ballet barre won’t damage or mark your floors.
The advantages of a wooden bar: resistance, natural feel and durability
Although the feet and uprights are steel, the bars themselves are of wood. We know that wooden bars offer that slight “give” that metal bars simply can’t provide and wood avoids the cold jarring sensation users feel from holding metal. Our wooden bars have been strength tested in a lab and their resistance and elasticity have been certified by LERMA (Laboratori d’elasticitat I resistència de materials). All our wooden bars are provided unvarnished to improve the grip for the user and the edges have been smoothly finished to avoid any unnecessary harm.
Designed for longetivity
Your AVANT ballet barre has also been designed for longevity. The steel bases and uprights are in epoxy coated silver. The bars are clamped into the uprights and not attached by screws, avoiding the need to drill holes into the wood which could lead to cracking over time. This also gives the added benefit of allowing you to easily disassemble the Avant for storage or long distance transportation.
Technical Info & Assembly Instructions
- Steel bases with the option of wheels or no wheels.
- Steel uprights and bases in silver.
- A Southern yellow pine bar included (smoothed and unvarnished).
- Choice of 1.5, 2 or 3 metre wooden bars.
- Wooden bars clamped into uprights for easy disassembly for storage and transport.
Product code: 30591723. 1,5 metre bar with wheels
Product code: 30591722: 2 metre bar with wheels
Product code: 30591721: 3 metre bar with wheels
Product code: 30591823: 1,5 metre bar without wheels
Product code: 30591822: 2 metre bar with wheels
Product code: 30591821: 3 metre bar with wheels
- Height (with wheels) : 102 (103) cm.
- Diameter of uprights: 50 mm.
- Diameter of bar: 40 mm.
- Base dimensions (with wheels): 39.5 x 32 x 1 (2) cm
- Total weight without wheels: 1.5m model: 31 kg / 2m model: 32kg / 3m model: 33kg
- Total weight with wheels: 1.5m model: 47 kg / 2m model: 48kg / 3m model: 49kg
- Standard length of wooden bar: 1.5 m, 2 m and 3m
strong>1. Lay the steel upright on one side. Attach the base into the upright with the bolt and tighten with the Allen key provided.
2. Loosen the holding knobs and lower both uprights to their lowest position. Remove the screws from the plates.
3. Insert wooden bar so that it extends 20cm to 30cm beyond the plates on each side
4. Once in position, reinsert screws into the plates and tighten with the Allen key provided
When moving the barre, tilt the uprights to a 45 degree angle to ensure the wheels are in full contact with the ground. This will prevent damage to your floor and the rubber stoppers on the bases.
Also always ensure that both uprights are tilted at the same angle, to avoid twisting and damaging the wooden bars.
Barres without wheels have been made lighter and should be lifted off the floor when moving.