Portable Ballet Barres
Height adjustable portable ballet barre ISA
The ISA is our most versatile ballet barre. It carries a single wooden beam that is height adjustable to fourteen different positions. The ballet barre comes with the choice of wheels or without and both options don’t compromise on the portability and stability of the ISA.
Choose your height
Many other ballet barres don’t drop as low or rise as high as the ISA. The adjustable range of the barre spans thirty-nine centimetres, allowing your space to be inclusive of your shortest to tallest users. As with all our portable barres, weight distribution has been pushed low to the floor to avoid the common top heavy, unstable designs, of other height adjustable ballet barres. Even when the ISA is stretched to its maximum height, it will remain steady.
There are fourteen selectable heights to the ISA and setting both uprights for a level bar is easy thanks to the clear numbering. An easy-grip bolt is used to screw-lock your height selection and firmly ensures the ISA won’t collapse during use. The fourteen numbered positions also make it easy for you to re-select a previous height you felt comfortable with.
Easy to move
Easy to move around a space, the ISA comes with or without wheels. The wheeled ISA can be moved by tilting and then rolling the barre into a desired location. Alternatively, the non-wheeled version is lighter so that users can pick up the barre to change its position. Whatever you choose, the height adjustable portable ballet barre won’t damage or mark your floors because the wheels and stoppers are made of rubber.
Advantages of a wooden bar
Although the feet and uprights are steel, the bars themselves are of wood. We know that wooden bars offer that slight “give” that metal bars simply can’t provide and wood avoids the uncomfortable cold feeling users receive from holding metal. Our bars are strong and durable and delivered unvarnished to improve the grip for the user. The edges have been smoothly finished to avoid any unnecessary harm.
Designed to last
Your ISA height adjustable portable ballet barre has also been designed for longevity. The steel bases and uprights are in epoxy coated silver to give you a long lasting scratch-free finish. The bars are clamped into the uprights and not attached by screws, avoiding the need to drill holes into the wood which could lead to cracking over time. This also gives the added benefit of allowing you to easily disassemble the ISA for storage or long distance transportation.
If you’re looking to make your space as inclusive as possible, the height adjustable portable ballet barre ISA will give you the versatility you desire.
ISA Height Adjustable Portable Ballet Barre
- One Southern yellow pine bar included (smoothed and unvarnished).
- Choice of 1.5, 2 or 3 metre wooden bar.
- Wooden bar clamped into uprights for easy disassembly for storage and transport.
Bases and uprights
- Steel bases with the option of wheels or no wheels.
- Upright with 14 adjustable heights.
- Steel uprights and bases in epoxy coated silver.
Height adjustable portable ballet barre ISA
Product code: 30591023 1.5 metre bar with wheels
Product code: 30591022 2 metre bar with wheels
Product code: 30591021 3 metre bar with wheels
Product code: 30591123 1.5 metre bar without wheels
Product code: 30591122 2 metre bar without wheels
Product code: 30591121 3 metre bar without wheels
- Minimum height (with wheels): 79.5 (80.5) cm.
- Maximum height (with wheels): 118.5 (119.5) cm.
- Diameter of uprights: 50 mm.
- Diameter of bar: 40 mm.
- Base dimensions (with wheels): 39.5 x 32 x 1 (2) cm.
- Total weight without wheels: 31 kg (or 32 kg with a 3 metre bar).
- Total weight with wheels: 50 kg (or 51 kg with a 3 metre bar).
- Standard length of wooden bar: 1.5 m, 2 m or 3 m.
The ISA is designed for wooden bars with a diameter of 40 mm.
We recommend a maximum distance between supports of 2.3 m.
Assembly instructions for the ISA height adjustable portable ballet barre
1. Lay the steel upright on one side. Attach the base into the upright with the bolt and tighten with the Allen key provided.
2. Loosen the holding knobs and lower both uprights to their lowest position. Remove the screws from the plates.
3. Insert wooden bar so that it extends 20cm to 30cm beyond the plates on each side
4. Once in position, reinsert screws into the plates and tighten with the Allen key provided
When moving the barre, tilt the uprights to a 45 degree angle to ensure the wheels are in full contact with the ground. This will prevent damage to your floor and the rubber stoppers on the bases.
Also always ensure that both uprights are tilted at the same angle, to avoid twisting and damaging the wooden bars.
Barres without wheels have been made lighter and should be lifted off the floor when moving.