Floor mounted ballet barres
Floor mounted ballet bar Avant-fix
The Avant-fix is a floor attached, single column support, standing 103cm tall and designed to hold wooden bars of 40mm diameter. Unlike other ballet barres, the Avant-fix does not rely on having any additional securing arms that require fastening to a wall to give it stability. Its robust build and solid anchorage make it suitable for a broad range of uses from dance to fitness workouts.
The cradle of the Avant-fix is wide enough to join two wooden bars at the support. This feature offers two distinct advantages over most other floor mounted ballet bars. Firstly, it allows you to install a continuous barre within your space, without any gaps between one wooden beam to the next. Secondly, it reduces the number of supports you need to hold up your bars. We offer a range of different length wooden beams for the Avant-fix .
The Avant-fix closed cradle means it can resist users pulling and pushing on the bar from any angle. Many basic floor mounted bars have an open cradle design which can only tolerate pressure from the top down. On these types of uprights, any exercises that involve pulling, risks ripping out the wooden beam. With the closed cradle design, this is impossible. In addition, the support is secured to the ground with four solid screw anchors so that you can be certain the Avant-fix won’t work loose from its fixture.
Despite the robust floor attachments, the size of the support base is remarkably small, giving you the opportunity to secure your upright as close as you desire to the wall. Thanks to this design flexibility, your Avant-fix also works in conjunction with all of our wall brackets. So you can have one continuous barre that passes between both floor uprights and wall brackets.
Designed to last
Dinamica Ballet prides itself on creating premium quality, durable equipment. We’ve designed the Avant-fix to have the wooden bars clamp into the support and not attached by screws, avoiding the need to drill holes into the wood which could lead to cracking over time. Combined with the silver epoxy coating of the steel support, your AVANT-FIX will stand up to the rigours of daily use.
Floor mounted ballet bar Avant-Fix
Product code: 30590720
- Each upright can join two wooden bars
- Wooden bars clamped into uprights to avoid wood cracking
- Closed cradle to ensure wooden bars won’t tear free during use.
- Choice of 1, 1½, 2 and 3 metre long wooden bars. Custom lengths also available.
- Steel uprights in epoxy coated silver.
- Four 70mm hexagon screw anchors included for floor mounting
- Can work in conjunction with our wall brackets.
- Height of upright: 103 cm.
- Diameter of upright: 50 mm.
- Base dimensions: 18 x 10 x 0.6 cm.
- Weight: 4.5 kg.
- Includes 4 Hexagon screw anchors of M 10 x 100 D
- Designed for wooden bars with a diameter of 40 mm.
- We recommend a maximum distance between supports of 2 m.
- Fine Southern yellow pinewood (Smoothed and unvarnished)
- Standard lengths: 1 m, 1½ m, 2 m or 3 m.
- Diameter: 40 mm.
- Weight: 1 m – 1 kg, 1½ m – 1½ kg, 2 m – 2 kg, 3 m – 3 kg.
Assembly Instructions | Fix floor supports
1. The support is fixed to the ground with the 4 hexagon screw anchors included. You will need a professional drill and a 12 mm drill bit. We recommend the help of a professional for installation. Inside the box you will also find small screws to secure the wooden bar inside the cradle.
2. Place the supports in the position of the room you wish to install them, ensuring that the maximum distance between each one does not surpass 2 metres. Mark the 4 points per support on the ground for the holes of the screw anchors. Drill 4 holes approximately 12 cm deep at the points you have marked on the ground. Insert the hexagon screws through the base and tighten them firmly.
3. Loosen the 4 small screws of the cradle with the Allen key provided and insert the wooden bar. Place it in the desired position and adjust all the screws making sure that the wooden bar is firmly held inside the cradle. To join two wooden bars on a single support, insert a bar at each end of the cradle so that they meet in the centre.